Happy new year to all of you! I Hope you had a great night last night filled with sparkles and fun. I read this post by Beautiful Hello a few minutes ago and was inspired to spend some time reflecting on what an amazing year 2013 was for me. I have seen and done and changed so much this year.
In the not so distant past I went through some rough times, a lot of loss, a lot of dark, dark days. 2013 mark the turning of my life back to the sunny side and 2014 will be a whole new and exciting chapter that I can’t wait to experience.
I spent the night celebrating and wishing 2013 a fond farewell and giving 2014 a welcoming greeting but, before I say goodbye to 2013 all together I’d like to take a minute to reflect on what the year has taught me.
1. I cannot live fully if I don’t create daily.
2. I once thought my passion had no value, now I know that with my passion I can overcome anything.
3. It IS possible to change your life by changing your attitude.
4. Change does not just happen, change must be allowed.
5. Create for the sake of creating, not for any other reason.
6. As I count down the days to the launch of our new store I realize that EVERY SINGLE DAY matters.
7. Cutting glass is not as easy as the YouTube videos imply.
8. I learned to love myself and life in general again.
9. I learned what HOME feels like again. (I actually hadn’t had a place to truly call home in a very long time.)
10. Lighting! Photography is all about lighting & composition, but mostly lighting.
11. I launched a blog and learned how to be a blogger! (Big thank you to all of my followers!)
12. That old saying “When life gives you lemons…” Life gave me a whole lemon tree, I bought some vodka and turned it into Limoncello. Be Crafty enough and you can find a way to turn the bad into something good.
13. Lasagna is good, but lasagna with Homemade Ricotta is the BEST.
The photos above are a random selection of shots from my year, some of them where blog posts, and some of them didn’t make the cut.
What did you learn or do last year? We’d love to hear about your year in the comments!!