You are now officially reading an award winning blog!! Yup that’s right! Who knew?! I’m so excited and honored. I’ve seen tags for this award floating around the blogsphere but never really knew what it was until yesterday when I opened up an email to find I was nominated for it. My nomination came from (we will now go with: The Amazing, Incredible, Wonderful) AnthroFashions with a love of all things Anthropologie she is a woman after my own heart, and I’m totally after her closet!
I started digging around to find out more about this award. Liebster is a German word roughly defined as: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet?
This award/nomination is a long standing blog tradition given to up and coming new blogs with less than 200 followers. The purpose of it is to promote community and get to know your fellow bloggers.
The rules are simple:
Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award image.
Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
Give eleven random facts about yourself, they can be anything you want to tell
Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award, remember that this is for beginning bloggers so they must have less than 200 followers.
Let each blogger know you nominated them.
Give them eleven questions of your own to answer.
Here are my questions from AnthroFashions:
What inspired you to start blogging?
Well, funny/long story, but to sum up: I fell off a porch and was left mostly bed ridden for two months. My creative brain couldn’t function on a diet of TV so with the help of my wonderful roommate and partner we started blogging about random craft projects we had been doing to keep me occupied.
What’s your favorite blog post?
I think my favorite post I’ve done was my DIY Make-up Brushes. They were super fun to make, I love using them everyday. Though in all honesty I think it was mostly because it was my first post that I photographed with my new Sony Experia Zs1 and they were, at the time the greatest photos I had ever taken.
What’s your favorite book?
Favorite book… Reading is one of my guilty pleasures and I have a strong tendency to never read any book that I might actually learn something from so I have to say currently my favorite book is Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire. I love her SUPER snarky humor. And, I guess if there really are monsters and dragons in the world then I will have learned a lot.
If you could live anywhere on earth, where would you choose?
Well, I live in Southern California, Long Beach to be exact so I’m pretty darn happy right where I am. But, if I had to choose a different place I guess it would be totally off the grid in a place called Little Corn Island in Nicaragua. I know, I know. An award winning blogger thinking of living ‘off grid’ on an island.
What’s something you’re very proud of?
I’ve been from the bottom of life all the way to the top, back down to WAY bellow the bottom and heading back up again. I’m proud that through some supreme ups and devastating downs that I still dream, I still take chances and I still believe in the world.
What is something that makes you happy?
Hmm… Lot’s of things make me happy. This award, vodka, good friends, the beach. Good friends and vodka on the beach talking about this award….. Yup, I’m good. 🙂
Describe the perfect day.
My perfect day is sleeping in as long as I want and waking up to a fabulous cup of coffee. Followed by a walk or run on the beach. Lunch at a quite café A little time shopping and then happy hour at my favorite wine bar (Art Du Vin)
Are you a morning person?
Nope, nuh uh. Not at all, not in any way.
Who’s your favorite YouTuber?
Bebexo. I love her hair tutorials!
How do you plan to move forward with your blog in the future?
This is oddly the toughest one. As we prep to launch our new store I know that I want to keep our blog true to the way we envisioned it. Tutorials, DIY’s and Fashion. Bringing ideas to the world one creative little step at a time. I have a strong tendency to run forward full force with out a set end goal. Where ever you go, you’ll always be there. I just want to see where the journey takes us.
11 Random Facts About Me:
– I’ve been bitten by Black Widows 5 times and am now eagerly awaiting the arrival of my spider powers.
– I’ve held nearly every job from professional seamstress to professional house painter, maid to business owner
but I’ve never been a waitress.
– I have a degree in Fashion Design
– I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Doll House and all things Joss Whedon
– I have an unhealthy attachment to my cell phone
– I love Wine and Vodka more than any ‘proper lady’ should.
– I can’t sleep with the closet door open 30….something years old and I’m still afraid of the Closet Monster
– If I could choose any super power it would be teleportation. Commuting and the distance between loved ones is
such a pain!
– I can’t tell left from right without looking at my hands.
– My favorite color is red but I don’t own a single piece of red clothing or jewelry.
– I got a call back for Project Runway twice but was never able to accept.
My Nominee’s Are:
Simply D Constructed
A Business and A Bungalo
The Vows of Friendship
The American Cocktail
Living With The Wolves
The Polka Dot Barn
Vintage Gloss Blog
My Questions for my nominees:
– Sailboat or Cruise Ship?
– Sky diving or Scuba diving?
– What is your favorite TV Show?
– What time of day are you most productive?
– When you where a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
– Vodka, gin, rum or wine?
– If you have a job other than blogging, What do you do in real life?
– What inspired the name of your blog?
– If you were an animal what type of animal would you be?
– What is your favorite flavor of cake or cookie?
– What is the strangest job you’ve ever had?
– If you had one gift to give the world what would it be?